Welcome to the CoderDojo WA Community

• CoderDojo WA Moderators

Hello. This is a welcome post for parents, Ninjas, Champions, Mentors and Volunteers in the CoderDojo WA (Western Australia) community.

(- A Ninja is a participant aged 7-17

• A Champion is someone who runs a Dojo
    • A Mentor is someone who helps Ninjas with their coding projects at a Dojo.)
      *You don't need to have attended a Dojo yet, to enter this competition. *

To be in the running to win a Sphero BB-8, please answer answer the following questions in a post below by 5pm Sunday 31st January. We will randomly select a winner next week.

1. Who is your favourite Star Wars character of all time and why?

2. Are you a Parent, Ninja, Champion, Mentor or Volunteer?

3. What Dojo/s have you attended? *If you have not attended a Dojo, yet, just write: "I haven't been to a Dojo yet". *

PLEASE NOTE: This is an independent competition run by CoderDojo WA and you must live in Western Australia to be in the running for this prize.

• Who is your favourite Star Wars character of all time and why? C3PO - he seems to be one switched on robot!

Are you a Parent, Ninja, Champion, Mentor or Volunteer? I am hoping to become a champion and run a dojo for kids in Kununurra with a view to working with other community resource centres in regional and remote WA to get a 'virtual dojo' set up for smaller communities to link their ninjas in together

What Dojo/s have you attended? None yet

• Who is your favourite Star Wars character of all time and why?

Kylo Ren because of his memes and how powerful he is

Are you a Parent, Ninja, Champion, Mentor or Volunteer? Ninja

What Dojo/s have you attended? UWA and Murdoch

• My favourite Star Wars character of all time is TIE fighter pilot because they are excellent fighters
    I am a ninja
    I have attended ECU mt Lawley

• My favourite star wars character of all time is C-3PO because he has a great sense of humour.
    I am a Ninja.
    i havent been to a Dojo yet :(

• I'm a huge Star Wars fan and was so excited when the new movie came out. All time fave is Yoda but I do like Rey as an awesome role model for young girls and boys to see what girls are capable of. I'm champion at the Applecross SHS Dojo and am looking forward to continuing our Dojo this term!

• 1. Han Solo has got to be my favourite Star Wars character of all time.
    He's a gun slinging, charismatic, rooty tooty shooty, smuggler with attitude who always talks his way out of bad situations... Some of the time.

2. I'm a ninja, interested in game programming and web design.

3. I've attended the dojo at the University of Western Australia (UWA) multiple times and I hope to do so again many more times.

My all time favourite star wars charater is darth varder because when ever he appear the best "destroy the world" music comes on, however i also like tr-8r because the scene where he yells traitor and spins that anti lightsaber thing

Are you a Parent, Ninja, Champion, Mentor or Volunteer?
    Ninja

What Dojo/s have you attended?
    Saint stephens school dojo

1. My favourite Star Wars character of all time is Ray from episode 7. She is a really strong female character and can fight really well. She can fly the Millennium Falcon and is a really good pilot. Also she isn't sexualised at all.

2. I am a ninja.

3. I haven't been to a Dojo yet.

• My favourite character is Yoda because he is a strong, unusual character. He has awesome Jedi skills and good instincts. He is also a little enigmatic and amusing to watch.
    I would like to be a Champion and run a Dojo in my school this year.
    I haven't been to a Dojo yet.

The one and only Admiral Ackbar. He's just so quotable.

Are you a Parent, Ninja, Champion, Mentor or Volunteer?
    I'm a Mentor!

What Dojo/s have you attended?
    Curtin University Dojo

• My favourite Star Wars character of all time would have to be Chewbacca because he is so loyal and dependable and there is something very lovable about him.
    I am a Champion at the Alkimos Dojo and I'm looking forward to getting started with our little Dojo again this term.

• For me, my all time favourite character has been R2-D2, and recently BB8. Both of these droids are different, with unique capabilities. This requires a different approach by these droids to fit in, a lot like programming.

I am currently a mentor and attend the Curtin Dojo, assisting with projects based on Arduinos.

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.