Embed ticket for a specific room

• Hi everybody,

I’ve searched without success a way to embed a ticket for a specific Room.
    I have an event with 4 rooms: two are for newbies in Scratch and Python and two are for advanced ninjas.
    I need to show the 4 tickets separately; is there a way?
    At present I’m embedding the ticket in this way but it’s not the way I need it to be
    <iframe src=“https://zen.coderdojo.com/embedded/event/98805207-7480-4159-9f80-dc54b8d683bc” vspace=“0” hspace=“0” marginheight=“5” marginwidth=“5” scrolling=“yes” allowtransparency=“true” width=“100%” height=“550” frameborder=“0”></iframe>

help please!
    Regards
    Sandro

• There’s a problem with the embed:

• when logged on ZEN
      on my blog page, I click on the iframe button and it opens 3 pages. On each page there’s a pop-up message saying “an error has occurred while loading messages” for a couple of second and then it loads the page where I can choose the ticket.
    • when not logged in ZEN
      on my blog page, the iframe button has an english label (book) instead of an Italian one (prenota). When I click, it opens a new page with the register form for ZEN.

Am I doing the embed in a wrong way?
    thanks
    Sandro

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hey Sandro

1. There is nothing done to embed a specific ticket at the moment. What’s your scenario? Separate communication to separate people ?
    2. The opening 3 tabs sounds like a bug, we should have a look at it :) It’s an old component by today’s standards, so It might have caught a cold. For the translation alas, that’s something which we couldn’t figure out at the time. Maybe is it the opportunity to rework it from scratch!
      I’ll see if I can queue a review for the end of the week, but I won’t promise a fix by then ;)

1. Scenario
      We want to keep separate new ninjas from advanced ones so we have created two rooms for the same day. When parents book the ticket, sometimes they don’t read the type of ticket or they don’t understand it. Or if a kind of ticket is sold out, parents register children for another Room thinking that it won’t be a problem.
      If we can show the tickets separately maybe we can hep parents choose the right option.
    2. when you say “It’s an old component” do you refer to the embed ticket function? Is there another way to do it?

• CoderDojo Foundation

1. Alas this scenario isn’t handled at the moment. cc @Conor-Murphy Out of curiosity (and slightly unrelated as it won’t solve your issues), are you using sessions to separate the rooms or are you creating them all under the same session ?
    2. The technology stack has changed a bit for the Zen website, some are still on the old one, others in the new one. We’re looking towards moving as much as we can to the new one, but it generally mean we’re redesigning the goal of the pages as well. Might take some time :)
      I’m looking at your issue right now, I’ll come back with an update during the day.
      Cheers,
      G.F.

• Hi, I’m a mentor in the same dojo as Sandro. Here’s the ticket for our next event
    https://zen.coderdojo.com/events/98805207-7480-4159-9f80-dc54b8d683bc/sessions

I’m a bit confused about rooms and sessions.
    Each kind of ticket is created as a Room in the admin view.

Regards
    FEderica

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hey :)
    The idea of sessions was to split the events into rooms (sessions) that have multiple tickets, to avoid having into a single event 10 tickets overall. That normally only apply to large events which wants differentiation of, say, a room = a language or type of project.
    It’s been confusing for years and that’s why we’re trying to simplify it in the next iteration on events.
    @Sandro-Bonazzola The issue with the multiple opening of tabs should be fixed

• I confirm, it doesn’t multiplicate tabs anymore. BUT :) it pops up a message about language error
    0_1538052104710_Cattura.jpg

If I understand right, there will be another way to organize tickets in the near future? Will it solve our scenario? Will support embed in other websites?

thanks
    Federoca

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hey @Federica-Triglia !
    I’ll look again into this error, thanks for bringing it. I often run Zen in English, so I may miss some spots like that one.
    Tickets won’t be group-able by default, that’s what we’re planning on : hiding the sessions which are unused in 90% of the cases of event creation.
    We’ll look into offering the same functionnalities as well, but may rename/reword “sessions” into something more obvious (“groups”, “rooms”…) to avoid confusions and not letting down users which had a use for it (those 10% that runs huge dojos).
    There are no reason for us to not support embedding, and if it seems necessary, more targeted embedding (like requested here, by ticket, or “sessions/rooms”).

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hey @Federica-Triglia
    I’m having some issues reproducing the translation message. I deployed a potential fix, could you tell me if that solves it ?
    Cheers,
    G.F.

• Solved

thanks
    Federica

• CoderDojo Foundation

Sweet, thanks for confirming :)

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.