Thank you CoderDojo Volunteers & nominate a volunteer from your Dojo!

• @coderdojocomo

Fabrizio Sala and all the other wonderful volunteers that made the FIRST EVER IN ITALY (I kid you not!!) Summer Coding and Sport Camp an amazing experience for all the kids and their parents. If ever there was a coderdojo that warrants a special thanks it’s these guys!

• @Andrea-Brown said in Thank you CoderDojo Volunteers & nominate a volunteer from your Dojo!:

@coderdojocomo

Fabrizio Sala and all the other wonderful volunteers that made the FIRST EVER IN ITALY (I kid you not!!) Summer Coding and Sport Camp an amazing experience for all the kids and their parents. If ever there was a coderdojo that warrants a special thanks it’s these guys!

@coderdojocomo
    Yes, absolutely! Fabrizio has been moving mountains to get the Coding and Sport Camp running, he is our hero :)

• I would like to nominate Loli Iborra always pending in each weekly session so that all the ninjas are with their mentors. He prepares materials for them, talks with families and usually brings them something to eat.

In addition to leading CoderDojo Valencia, he is part of the board of CoderDojo Spain where he actively participates

Bernat

• Thanks a lot to @Fabrizio-Sala and his wife Simona, they are very important support to keep alive our dojo’s events in Como.

• I nominate @Debora-Mapelli for Coderdojo Brianza. Her energy as champion motivates us taking care of the kids in their learning trip.

• @CoderDojoESPOSENDE
    We liked to name Mário Ferreira a young computer engineer who despite working every day 9h provides his little free time to support CoderDojo Esposende giving programming lessons.
    on vacation spends time preparing classes leaving aside beach and friends, this is an example of what it is to be really volunteering in CoderDojo
    CoderDojo Esposende can only show here all gratitude.

• I’d like to nominate @Natasha-Cavanagh & @Adam-McConnell for all they do for Derry Coderdojo, they have continued to push the dojo forward and given a lot of their time to keep it going and improving for all the attendees! Thanks guys! You really are great and appreciated by all involved with the dojo! :D

• @Nuala-McHale Wendy Cullinane is an outstanding mentor, advocate for the girls table, has driven many projects through our dojo this year , introduced lots of new stuff and is so much fun as she does all this !!! She’s full of energy and enthusiasm and as a mentor myself she keeps my own momentum on track. Personally I am so grateful to Wendy as I felt like I was on a solo run for a while in Clon until she became a mentor and now I think we actually make a great team and have had other fantastic mentors join us too along the way
    and as a result 2017/2018 has been one of our best years yet !!! It does get better every year - the kids are amazing but we would be lost without the dedication of people like Wendy Cullinane!!! Thanks so much Wendy x

• CoderDojo Spain

I would like to nominate Miguel Manzano (@mmanzano) because always is pending in each session and is an important piece in CoderDojo Murcia from 3 years ago.

CoderDojo Murcia (Spain)

• CoderDojo Foundation

Thanks to everyone who entered for the Volunteer Thank you pack in week one, across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and here on the Forums! Apologies for the delay announcing the week one winners, anyone who nominated a volunteer since Wednesday will go forward into week two’s pack draw!

alt text

The results of the draw are in and the first winner of a thank you pack is Volunteer @Fabrizio-Sala from CoderDojo Como! Thanks to @Andrea-Brown and @Gaspar-Torriero for recognising the efforts of Fabrizio in thinking of new fun ways to engage young people in CoderDojo Como and for all his efforts to support the Dojo and it’s volunteers.

@Andrea-Brown @Fabrizio-Sala can you email us with the best postal address to send the Thank you pack to Fabrizio to so we can send it right away.

Keep nominating volunteers from your Dojo to be in with a chance of winning them a Thank you pack, filled will resources and goodies to celebrate all they’ve done to make your Dojo a great space for young people and other volunteers :D

• @Nuala-McHale said in Thank you CoderDojo Volunteers & nominate a volunteer from your Dojo!:

The results of the draw are in and the first winner of a thank you pack is Volunteer @Fabrizio-Sala from CoderDojo Como! Thanks to @Andrea-Brown and @Gaspar-Torriero for recognising the efforts of Fabrizio in thinking of new fun ways to engage young people in CoderDojo Como and for all his efforts to support the Dojo and it’s volunteers.

Whoa! Thank you so much!

I’m so pleased, mainly because endorsement came first from a parent who appreciated not only our activities but our way of being attentive to his son: one of the most important tasks at CoderDojo Como.

Working with kids is always so rewarding, you know… and being recognised for your way of acting with them as a volunteer is added value!
    (I’ll send you my address in a while… thanks and keep up the good job!)

Fabrizio

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.