Connecting WWC Belfast and CoderDojo Foundation?

• Hi folks,

inspired by the Empowering The Future book, I got in touch with the Women Who Code branch in Belfast to see if they would be willing to evangelise on our behalf with their members with the aim of recruiting some more female mentors for the Dojo’s in NI.

The timing turned out to be fortuitous as they are planning on holding a “training session in partnership with STEM UK, Code Club and Athena Swan via the UU”, the aim being to have “around 30-40 people who will then be signed up as STEM Ambassadors” and they’d love to have CoderDojo involved too. In fact, they are thinking of running this a couple of times a year.

Would the CoderDojo Foundation would be interested in supporting this activity? They need someone who can “speak for a few minutes about volunteering with the dojos” and while I’m happy to be the fallback for this, I wondered if one of the community champions here or in the foundation would be happier to speak (and possible bring swag?). Any thoughts?

/Mark

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi Mark, I’m out of the office today and tomorrow but if you ping me an email with the details we’ll see if we can sort something :) we can even arrange a quick call next week so you can tell me more! Sounds like a great opportunity for CoderDojos in NI to gain more female mentors!

• CoderDojo Foundation

Forgot to say, my email is rosa(at)coderdojo.org :)

• @Rosa-Langhammer awesome! Thank you. I’ll write a note to that account and connect some of the main people to see what we can do.

/Mark

• Hi @Rosa-Langhammer did you see the e-mail come through?

/Mark

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hey Mark, I didn’t get it, can you even try the CoderDojo info email?

Thanks,
    Rosa

• @Rosa-Langhammer I sent it to .com rather than .org so I’ve just resent the thread.

/Mark

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.