We are Joining Forces with Raspberry Pi Foundation

• CoderDojo Foundation

I wanted to let you all know about our plans to join forces with the Raspberry Pi Foundation! This exciting merger will see the CoderDojo Foundation continue to operate as an independent charity based in Ireland. In future we will work alongside and with the support of the Raspberry Pi Foundation to achieve our shared goals of creating opportunities for young people all around the world. Over the past four years I’ve been privileged to watch the CoderDojo movement grow from just over 80 Dojos to more than 1,250 thanks to the thousands of volunteers globally and organisations large and small that support the movement and the Foundation.

This merger will turn the CoderDojo Foundation into a stronger, more resilient organisation that can continue to deliver value to the CoderDojo community. Philip Colligan (CEO Raspberry Pi Foundation) and I will both be at the Coolest Projects on June 17th holding a Q&A. If you aren’t able to make it we’ll be live streaming it for people to get involved as well.

I hope you’ll join us in celebrating this exciting next phase as CoderDojo and the Raspberry Pi Foundation become the largest global effort creating opportunities for young people to code and create. You can read the full blog post here ---->

• Does this mean Dojso are able to get their own Raspberry Pi no matter what location? Let me know if there is stuff for this. Keen!

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi Sirani,

Hope you are well! :-) The merger with Raspberry Pi Foundation and the CoderDojo Foundation is not about giving Dojos free Raspberry Pi’s products. The Raspberry Pi Foundation works hard to make sure that all of their products are as low-cost as possible for everyone, all of the time. It is one of the reasons they don’t give away Raspberry Pi computers for free or sell them at a discount as with each products success, means more resources for them to make them even more accessible for everyone globally. All their products are available on https://thepihut.com and other license distributors closer to home in Australia.

If you have any other questions about merger. Happy to answer them. :-)

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.