Announcing the winners of the Future Makers Awards!

• CoderDojo Foundation

alt text
    In the 10 – 13 year old category

Winner: Giulio Muratori, 12 years old from Italy, developed an educational game for children with Down Syndrome using the skills he learned at his local CoderDojo in Modena.

Runner-up: Andrei Covaci, 12 years old from Romania, created a robot that can monitor CO2 levels in a classroom and signal the teacher if those levels exceeded the healthy limits. He has attended CoderDojo Oradea since it started, 3 years ago.

In the 14 – 17 year old category

•Winner: Aoife Kearins, who recently turned 18, from Ireland, developed ‘Eye Opener’, a device that prevents drivers from falling asleep at the wheel. She used the skills learned at her CoderDojo club in Sligo to programme her project. On hearing of her win Aoife exclaimed: “That is absolutely incredible, thank you so much! I can’t believe it at all. I had put so much work into the app, it’s so nice that it is being acknowledged!

•Runner-up: Roland Horváth, 15 years old from Hungary, developed ‘Mustad!’, an educational app that teaches sign language, allowing anybody to easily communicate with people who are deaf. To make the app he coded it using C# language in Unity.

<<Check out the full blog here>>

Also well done to the finalists and all who entered their awesome social good tech projects! :+1:

A lot of inspirational projects were entered. I would highly recommend talking through the finalists projects with your Dojo attendees if they are looking for Coolest Projects inspiration! :grinning:

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.