New dojo in Ecuador?

• I am working with a group in Quito, Ecuador who wants to start Ecuador’s first dojo. I’ve been told the group applied to be an official dojo, but I do not yet see Quito on the “attend a dojo” map. The organization is Avanti and I believe the contact person would be Carolina Pozo. Has anyone at CoderDojo Foundation seen an application for Ecuador? Thank you.

• CoderDojo Foundation

@Pete-Gegen Hi Pete thanks for getting in touch. Yes I can see the application here. Carolina was emailed on the 28th of Feb, but has yet to respond regarding setting up a Dojo email before the Dojo can be verified. Once it is verified it will show up on the map. If you could ask Carolina to respond or let me know if you want me to send out the correspondence again to her, we will aim to get it verified as soon as possible. :thumbsup_tone3:
    Looking forward to hearing from you :)

• @Nuala-Nic-Éil Thank you, I informed Carolina of the status. She thought she had replied but will look again.

• CoderDojo Foundation

@Pete-Gegen No problem, happy to help :D Very excited to help support open a Dojo in Ecuador! By the way our open community call is on tomorrow at 17:00 - 18:00 PST or 20:00 - 21:00 EST. We’d love you to join so you can learn more about the resources and supports available, and share any insights you have!

• @Nuala-Nic-Éil Thank you. I hope to attend. It is in the middle of our Dojo session, so if I do I would be participating from a live dojo!

BTW if you do not hear from Carolina soon, please resend the note. They want to hold the first dojo on March 20.

• CoderDojo Foundation

@Pete-Gegen Oh that’s exciting! We’ve never had a live Dojo on the call before (as far as I am aware anyway!) and no problem, she got back to Ross there so they should be verified in no time :)

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.