Welcome to the CoderDojo Regional Bodies Group!!

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi all,

Welcome to the regional body discussion group, this group is a place where regional body members can discuss all aspects of regionalisation and share their experiences and findings related to this as a CoderDojo community member.

I want to start the conversation by each member sharing a brief intro to themselves and what they like about the CoderDojo community! :D

I will start. My name is Pete, I work at the CoderDojo Foundation as Community lead for EMEA, I mentor at the Docklands Dojo, facilitate many different pop-up Dojos at different events and I’m also a member of the Coolest Projects implementation team.

I really like getting to meet community members and see some of the cool creations from Coderdojo Ninjas at different events!

Pete

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi All,
    My name is Nuala. I work at the Foundation managing Communications and Community Engagement. I also mentor at Docklands Dojo, help out at & attend CoderDojo related events (such as Coolest Projects, DojoCon, BTYSTE and pop-up Dojos; such as the last one in the Australian Embassy). I also try to pop in to other Dojos (the last one I visited was Kilkenny) and meet up with volunteers (last volunteer meet up I attended was in Limerick) when I can.
    I am also originally from Mayo, where I get to live on a farm! :cow2:

I’m looking forward to help organise a mentor meet up in Dublin for the Leinster area and help with the Appathon event for Coolest Projects in March.

What do I love about the community? When people get together. Seeing how CoderDojo has brought together so many diverse people from such a range of backgrounds & interests to help making creating with tech accessible to youths around the world is really inspiring. I really enjoyed hearing of everyone traveling to and attending DojoCon and even seeing so many people tune in for our open community calls :heartbeat:

• Hey guys,

I’m Chris, the chairman for the CoderDojo Netherlands foundations. Together with Tiemen we are responsible for supporting the community in our country. Currently our regional body exists almost 2 years and we managed to grow from 3 to over 50 dojos!

This is also what I like about our community, every member is so vastly motivated and enthusiastic! Whenever a new dojo gets on board we just see the excitement from the volunteers and how they are so passionate about everything they do. This comes back around when we see how this carries over to ninjas who make the most awesome things and sometimes even do something back for their mentors as well!

Of everything I have done within the CoderDojo Community, being the community lead and being able to grow the community in The Netherlands is probably the most rewarding and satisfying accomplishment so far.

"Above all, be cool! …and keep growing 😈 "

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.