CoderDojo Sushi Feedback

• Hi all!

After our initial creation and development of CoderDojo Sushi we are now revising the format and sharing of the cards to make them as accessible and easy to use as possible for members of the community.

You can see our selection of CoderDojo Sushi here: http://kata.coderdojo.com/wiki/Sushi

We would love you feedback on the cards and for you to let us know how we could improve them!

We have had some great feedback from community members already who have been editing our templates and creating their own cards and are pulling this all together so that we can review them and update the format and the content.

Please feel free to reply to this post to get the conversation going or to email me at laura@coderdojo.org directly.

Looking forward to seeing all of your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Laura

• @Laura-Ivers I would like to print off the My First Website cards. Is it possible to get a pdf with all the cards in one for easier printing?

Thanks!

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi Ruth,

There's a PDF of the My First Website content available on Kata that you can use for this. Here's a direct link for you: http://kata.coderdojo.com/images/c/c0/My_first_website.pdf

Regards,
    Philip

• Thanks! I had a bunch of new kids (Take Our Children to Work day) and having the first few cards printed really helped. However, it was still a rocky start - I think a Sushi 0 card that explains how to download, unzip, install sublime, open an editor on a file, etc would help. Even the parents were struggling. It may be a result of so much going to the cloud, or so many parents who just recently switched from Windows to Mac don't know how to navigate the Mac to do what used to be everyday tasks. Once we got through that stuff, the cards themselves went pretty smoothly - just expected stuff like not realizing how paths to images work, etc.

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.