Who can assign digital badge

• Hi,
    I’m a Mentor from Coderdojo Milano, we are adopting digital badge.
    I have a question: only the Champion can assign them? If not, how can Mentor assign them too?
    Thankh you.

• CoderDojo Foundation

@Panzera-Stefano hi there, yes a champion can give a mentor Dojo Admin rights, which allows them to award badges, as well as create events and edit the Dojo profile for example. Daniel explains how a champion can give dojo admin rights to a member of their Dojo here :)

• Thank you for your reply.
    My champion gave me the admin right, but neither I nor he have the button AWARD BADGE active.
    Can you help me again please?
    0_1481389478555_Immagine.png

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi @Panzera-Stefano,

In order to award the badge, you must provide evidence of the user meeting the requirements of the badge. When you’ve added some evidence, the Award Badge button will enable.

On a side note, the “Attend X Dojo sessions” badges will be automatically awarded to attendees if you use our ticketing platform and check them into your events. So, when a user has been checked into 5 sessions, they will be automatically awarded the “Attend 5 Dojo sessions!” badge.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

• Is there a way to assign a badge without using the zen ticketing platform?
    We have used Eventbrite from the beginning and a lot of ninjas has attended more than 5-10 events.
    How can we add any evidence?
    Furthermore for the badge that don’t need a particular attendance we don’t know how to proceed (e.g. Html beginner or Scratch intermediate).
    We would like to award the belts using digital badge system too. Will it possible?

Thank you for your patience.

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi @Angelo-Sala,

Yes, you can award badges without using the Zen ticketing platform. To add evidence, just type into the text field that appears after selecting a badge. For example, if you were awarding the 5 sessions badge, just enter something like “Attended 5 sessions at [Dojo Name]”, or if awarding the HTML Beginner, something like “Demonstrated a knowledge of X, Y and Z by building a website about [some topic]” or “Completed the HTML Beginner Sushi Card”.

The belt system does not currently have a digital equivalent and is not something currently on our roadmap. We are always reviewing our plans based on community feedback, but are a very small team, so I apologise that this isn’t something we can prioritise at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.