Unable to view parents email or export to CSV

• Hi there
    I have a few issues with the Dojo management system and wondered if you could help me please? Ours in a new dojo and last Friday we had our first Dojo with nearly 50 ninjas attending. With such a large number of children it would be really helpful to be able to use the CoderDojo interface as much as possible.

1. As champion I cannot see the contact details provided by parents or youths over 13 so cannot contact them by email.

2. I am unable to export to CSV. I have double checked on Mozilla and there is no adblocker turned on (adblocker no longer works with mozilla!!). I have also turned mcafee off. Is there something I can do the resolve this?

3. Badges not awarded automatically upon using the event manager to check in. Upon manual awarding of badges, they still do not show up on some profiles even after receiving an email awarding the badge and clicking on it.

4. As champion I cannot see any profile details of the youths under 13. Is this always the case or is there something wrong with the way my dojo is set up?

5. Can you check if I am listed as Champion for the Malaga@Sunnyview-School dojo as I can award others badges but not get a Champion badge for myself?

Apologies for all the queries. I dont know if its a set up issue or a general issue but I would be grateful for your help in resolving these issues. We have another Dojo this Friday the 21st October and it would be really helpful if the above issues are resolved beforehand.

Thanks. Andrea

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hi Andrea,

First off, thank you for all the feedback. It's very valuable to us, as it allows us to give you and other champions the features you need.

1. We're aware of this and are planning on adding an action that will pop up with some basic information about the selected user, such as email, associated parents/children and their emails, the number of sessions attended at the Dojo, etc. If there is anything else you'd like to see in here, we would love to hear it. https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/1076
    2. We've had a few reports of having issues with this. It's most likely the browser's inbuilt popup blocker causing the issue. However, it seems Firefox no longer even prompts you to allow the popup. I've created an issue for this in GitHub so we can address it: https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/1081 In the meantime, using Chrome should work.
    3. This strange on two counts. We're not aware of any issues with auto-awarding of badges, and our logs don't show any issues with it. Secondly, badge awarding emails should no longer include a link to accept a badge. Badges are now accepted by default, and therefore should show up on the profile. Can you private message me the name of a child in your dojo that should have received an automatically awarded badge? We'll look into this as soon as possible.
    4. Again, we are aware of this issue. I've created an issue in GitHub for this too: https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/1082
    5. I have checked and can confirm you are a champion of the specified dojo. Currently, the only way for you to get a Champion badge is for another champion or dojo admin within your dojo to award it to you, as users are unable to award badges to themselves. Obviously, there really shouldn't be a problem with you having the Champion badge. We plan on auto-awarding badges like this and the mentor badge in the future - https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/1027 - but in the meantime, I have awarded the Champion badge to you myself.

We are working hard to try to make the community platform more usable and to squash bugs as quick as we can, but we are unfortunately a very small team. Your feedback is crucial for us to prioritise, so thank you again for taking the time to provide it.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.