Managing my Dojo: adding members?

• Can you explain to me why would I add members to the Bray dojo under the "manage" link?

It seems I can add Ninjas (over/under 13), or mentors, or parents.

Why?
    What can I do after I have added such members in the different categories?

• Hi Liam,

Dojo attendees can join your Dojo for a number of reasons!

• To apply to attend Dojo events
    • To showcase on their profile that they attend your Dojo
    • To enable you to award them badges based on the content your Dojo has covered
    • To help you to track the attendance of your users and keep records of their contact details

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
    Ursula

• CoderDojo Ireland

@Ursula-Clarke-Everett150 Hi Ursula, how do I show that I am a member of a Dojo on my profile - nothing comes up on my dojos's even though I was invited to register on Zen?

• Hi, @Ursula-Clarke-Everett150 how can I add ninja under 13 if they don't have an email?

• Hi @Francis-Reed:
    There are two different ways to join a Dojo on Zen:

1. Go to the Dojo listing e.g. http://zen.coderdojo.com/dashboard/dojo/ie/the-chq-building-ifsc-dublin-docklands-dublin-1-ireland/dublin-docklands-chq and under "Join Dojo As..." Choose mentor or parent.
    2. The organiser of the Dojo can invite you by going to "My Dojos" and "Manage User" and then submitting your email through the invite form.

@Giulio-Bonanome:
    You can do this by going to your profile (click your name at the top right hand corner) and under the "Ninjas" section you can add a sub Under 13 profile to your account. You will need to have a parent account to do this.
    There are two ways to get a parent account:

1. When you register, you select "parent" in the user type dropdown
    2. Any Admins of the Dojo can give you the parent user type by going to the "Manage Users" section (once you have already joined the Dojo).

Best wishes,
    Ursula

• @Ursula-Clarke-Everett150 thanks a lot. I'm trying to add the "parent" user type to a "mentor/volunteer" but it seems not possible. Is it right? Each user can have just one user type?

• @Giulio-Bonanome Here is an example, you type "parent" and you will see the option:

Parent addition

I think this would be better as a dropdown so I've logged this in an issue here https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/681

• @Ursula-Clarke-Everett150 Yes I understand how to add the label, but is not persistent. I cannot assign more than one role to my dojo members.
    I add the label to my mentor/volunteer (he is both mentor and parent) but after returning to the page the user has just one label.

Alt text

• Hi Giulio,

I see what you mean. It looks like a localisation issue with the Italian translation. I will investigate this.

Thanks for the report.

Best wishes,
    Ursula

• @Ursula-Clarke-Everett150 said:

looks like a localisation issue with the Italian translation. I will investigate this.

Thank you :)
    I can confirm that switching to the English interface works for me. Instead on the italian interface there's a javascript error (TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined)

• This is fixed now, see Github issue here! https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/68

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.