API

• great! and understand the security concern.

maybe an idea to use an “open/insecured” part with eg only the listing of locations and events?
    that would make it possible for a lot of others to promote Dojo’s…

• CoderDojo Foundation

The scope is still to be defined, but I believe that yes, it’s going to be anything but user-related, which means that event data can be recovered, but not the attendances for example.

• CoderDojo Foundation

Just a word to say that we have a swagger online now, it’s far from complete (not all of them are having the params) but that’s a start :)
    https://zen.coderdojo.com/documentation
    Also, we’re currently reworking on permissions, and API roles (website/clients/etc) will probably come up into that ;)

• thanks @Guillaume-Feliciano !
    will have to give it a try to find all dojos in belgium and then the list of events per dojo
    always welcome to point me in correct direction for the parameters for the requests… ;-)

• Hi everybody,

is there any example of how to use the API /api/2.0/events/{id} ?
    We have a website with a calendar of our events and it would be nice to retrieve data from the ZEN platform instead of rewriting everything each time.

I know there is an iframe code to embed but it’s a limited option because we need to manually create an event page anyway and the interaction inside the iframe is a bad idea form a user perspective.
    We can’t create filter like “sold out” on listing…

Even a RSS feed of events would be a nice solution.

Thanks
    Federica
    (Coderdojo Brianza)

• CoderDojo Foundation

Hey, It’s on our pipeline : https://github.com/CoderDojo/community-platform/issues/974 .I would personnaly liked to open it sooner, but we spent a bunch of time on security last months and rushing through a new UI sprint for september to make it more easy to use, so not time soon before september, i fear.
    If you could list what you would require as endpoint on the github issue, it would help us to restrict the scope of what need to be opened :)

• I hope you don’t mind if I reply here because I’m not used to github.
    We’d like to access

• upcoming and past events
    • event details (location, address, date, title, desc)
    • Session capacity
    • attending
    • waiting list

Hope this can be useful
    regards
    federica

• CoderDojo Foundation

Cool, I’ll add it up to the list :)
    What would be the usage of the attending/waiting list ?

• When an event is fully booked, often parents write to us to asking if there will be “extra space”. If I can show the waiting list, maybe parents won’t flood our mailbox with requests :)

It’s not a priority anyway.

Regards
    Federica

Looks like your connection to CoderDojo Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.